A DAY IN THE LIFE
Courtney Dunlop is a former magazine editor (Jane, Marie Claire) and beauty industry editorial director (Clinique, Aveda), who moved back to her hometown of Springfield, MO after 16 years in New York City. When she couldn’t find all of her favorite skincare products in town, she opened Good Skin Day with the goal to offer the best in indie skincare and provide expert, unbiased advice. Courtney thinks the ultimate good skin day is when you look fresh, dewy, and healthy, and she believes anyone can have beautiful skin at any age.
1. Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser, $32: A refreshing way to start your day, this non-foaming gel cleanser preps skin and cleanses without stripping away precious moisture.
2. One Love Organics The Cleansing Sponge Rose Clay Heart, $10: 100% pure konjac plant fibers gently exfoliate skin and absorb impurities from your pores. Use with your cleanser for a deep-but-gentle clean.
3. Indie Lee Coconut Citrus Body Scrub, $38: The dreamiest, tropical-scented sugar scrub you’ve ever tried! It leaves your skin baby-soft and so moisturized you can even skip body lotion. 4. One Love Organics Vitamin C Moisturizing Facial Serum, $75: Vitamin C is a must-have for protecting skin from summer sun! The potent vitamin deflects damage, making this the perfect day moisturizer. 5. Cane + Austin Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer SPF 50, $56: Smooth pores, control oil, and protect your skin with non-chemical sunscreen. This tinted primer evens out your skintone and holds makeup in place.
6. Labiotte Code-Derm Capsule Cleansing Water Clearing, $24: When you’re too tired to wash your face, simply dampen a cotton pad with this cleansing water (made with pore-clearing botanicals) and wipe over your entire face to remove grime, makeup, and sunscreen. No rinse needed. Yes, it really is that easy!
7. Aqua Reveal Satin Bright Soft Water Peel for Face, $58: You’ll be amazed by this natural exfoliator. Simply massage the gel onto dry skin and watch the dead skin roll right off. It’s gentle enough for every skin type, even the most sensitive.
8. Indie Lee Swiss Apple Facial Serum, $130: Stem cells from a rare apple tell your skin to regenerate itself, resulting in brighter, bouncier, younger skin with fewer lines and spots.
9. One Love Organics Skin Dew Coconut Water Cream, $58: Intensely moisturizing yet extremely lightweight, this hydrating gel-cream revitalizes skin without any greasy residue.
10. One Love Organics Vitamin E Eye Balm, $49: Tackle crepe-y skin and crow’s feet with this soothing balm made from organic shea butter, pomegranate, and sea kelp.
FOLLOW GOOD SKIN DAY